Email us with all general employment submissions and inquiries. As with many nonprofits, volunteerism is a great way to get your foot in the door.
Associate Director of Training
Job Title: Associate Director of Training
Reports to: Director of Training & Professional Development
Location: San Francisco, CA
Target Start Date: December 1, 2014
About the Opportunity
The Associate Director of Training is responsible for developing and delivering training to Out & Equal clients. The position will work closely with the Director of Training & Professional Development and the Out & Equal leadership team to develop training programs that are consistent with the goals and mission of the organization.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Lead and manage the Out & Equal University, an online training platform – including design, delivery and evaluation for live webinars, archived webinars and Moodle based Learning Management System (LMS)
- Facilitate development of program curriculum, including working with senior managers in the organization to ensure content meets the needs of Out & Equal
- Deliver on-site and virtual training to clients
- Maintain professional relationships with all key stakeholders across the Out & Equal leadership team and affiliates
- Source and manage a network of 3rd party trainers to deliver the Out & Equal University curriculum
- Ensure consistent, quality training delivery through a team of 3rd party training consultants – administer course audits, provide coaching and performance feedback
- Work with other internal customers to assist in developing and delivering training that meets O&E guidelines and criteria
- Develop and present at targeted conferences on LGBT workplace and leadership development topics
- Report on key training metrics as defined by the Program Office
- Identify and implement operational efficiencies across the department, including the use of new technology
- Manage and track program budgets
- Partner with business leaders, stakeholders, and subject matter experts to develop best-in-class learning solutions
- Skilled at designing synchronous and asynchronous learning solutions: classroom, eLearning, webinars, et cetera
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong coaching, development, and performance feedback skills
- Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated ability in project management, instructional design, and curriculum management skills
- Bachelor’s degree required; Masters preferred
- Minimum 2-4 years of experience in Instructional Design and eLearning work experience
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in project management or learning solution development
- Ability to travel up to 20%
PHYSICAL ACTIVITY REQUIREMENTS
This position requires frequent computer use and occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The position also requires frequent travel, sometimes at short notice.
Send cover letter and resume, with ‘Associate Director of Training’ in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to Out & Equal Workplace Advocates at (415) 694-6530. Applicants may also submit their materials through LGBT CareerLink, Out & Equal’s online job board, by following this link: http://outandequal.lgbtcareerlink.org/jobs/6549969/associate-director-of-training. Applications that do not include a cover letter will not be considered. NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.
Out & Equal Workplace Advocates is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on any of the following: race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or gender characteristic, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.